Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Happy New Year + future plans!

Hi everyone and a Happy new year!
I hope you all had a nice christmas and are ready for 2018!
I for one am happy that 2017 is finally over, it was a pretty hard year for me and I hope 2018 will be better!

Anyway, as you can see I couldn't get v1.0 of MoM ready before christmas but you won't have to wait much longer for it. It should be done within the next few days or so.

But before I go on, I want to talk about something that's bothering me.
Mind over Matter was supposed to be a fun little game that I could work on to get new motivations and encouragement before I start working on a new big game. But in the end it wasn't all that fun and I'm already working a year on it and it's still just a "little game".
I know, some of the delay came because of personal problems which delayed everything by 3-4 months but even then I feel like everything took way longer than it should have.
The problem was or is the programming.
Unlike some others who use a pre made engine I did everything from scratch. I knew that I could do it but I didn't know that it would be such a chore. Every new update added hundreds of lines of code and the last few months were more than annoying. And that's just not how I want it to be, it felt more like an annoying job than a hobby project I work on because I like creating naughty games. I'm glad that my next big project will be made with RPG Maker, it will speed up a lot of things and it will hopefully be fun to "work" again.

But let's get to the point: I don't want to abandon MoM but at the same time I want to finish it as fast as possible so I can move on. So I had to make some cuts.

The list of new content in v1.0:
-Finishing of the main storyline with at least 2 different endings
-A sex scene with Ms. Daniels, your boss
-Collectable Achievements
-Random events should now appear correctly
-Bugfixes and other minor changes

There was supposed to be a new TF power that was unlockable by collecting all achievements, new sex scenes for every character, new stuff for the club and a few other stuff. But this won't make it into the game.

I'm sorry about that but I prefer working on something that's fun for me too instead of working on something that annoyes the hell out of me.
The only one I can blame is myself. But I tried something new and it didn't work like I hoped it would, so it's time to move on.

I also know that I lost some patrons over time, but that's okay. I'm thankful for everyone that stayed and still supports me even if it's just one month or so. I will continue working on my games no matter what but it's always nice to know that someone actually likes the stuff I do enough to throw some change my way. So thanks again!

Have a nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment